Sign up to fundraise and bring comfort, understanding, and hope to patients.
Almost every person, at some point in their life, needs public health care. Each year, more than 500,000 people from Canberra and the surrounding region are hospitalised or receive treatment through Canberra Health Services. By fundraising for CAN GIVE DAY you will help all patients —babies, children, teenagers, people with cancer, the injured in recovery, and those nearing the end of life.
No matter what you can give—You can be life giving. I CAN GIVE
What difference can I make?
Helping Canberra Hospital Foundation on CAN GIVE DAY will;
- bring smiles to patients when they get a visit from the Delta Dogs Therapy Program,
- keep a patient’s partner at their side for the final time by funding cuddle beds,
- bring relief from worries and pain by funding reclining chairs in waiting rooms,
- teach families how to manage childhood disease by funding interactive Spark Boards for education clinics,
- enhance the detection of abnormalities in cancers by funding additional fluorescence microscopes and cameras, and,
- keep isolated patients motivated by funding an activity coordinator to host social programs.
What is the best way to get started?
Getting started can be a bit daunting but you’ll be surprised at how simple it is. Below are our top 3 tips for getting yourself moving.
- Your online fundraising page is the most simple and effective way to kick start your fundraising. By adding your personal story and an image, people are 10 times more likely to support you.
- By making a personal donation to your fundraising page, you take away that pressure of the first donation. Your donation can set the tone for your supporters. It is a fantastic way to get yourself moving towards your goal and show your commitment.
- Send an email to your networks or share your page on social media. Simply spread the message of your fundraising – you’ll be amazed at who will support you when you ask.