Thank you everyone for the amazing support you showed for CAN GIVE DAY 2022. It was a successful giving day, thanks to you!
HOSPITAL ROAD STREET PARTY
Join us on Friday 21 October
4:00 to 7:30pm -
help change lives!
Due to Forecast for Inclement Weather on Friday this Event has been Postponed - Thank you for your understanding!
STREET PARTY DETAILS
Friday 21st October 2022
4:00pm to 7:30pm. Last entry 7pm.
LOCATION + PARKING
Hospital Road, Canberra Hospital, Garran. Free parking within the former CIT staff car park located on Ainsworth St Phillip, or within the Yamba Drive car parks.
$5 per ticket (5 yrs and under are free. CHS Staff can present their Staff ID for one free entry per staff member).
Need assistance: Call (02) 5124 3542 Monday to Friday, 09:30am to 4:30pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
Help us celebrate CAN GIVE DAY and our healthcare heroes! Ticks are just $5.
CAN GIVE DAY is a 24 hour fundraising sprint to support exceptional patient care for people in our community and the surrounding region.
Funds raised go to support research, therapeutic programs, transformations of away-from-bed areas, and the purchase of speciality medical equipment, which enhances the patient experience throughout the year.
Food vendors include delicious Goodberry's, Brazbecue, PCYC food truck with burgers, muffins, coffee & cold drinks, and vegan Indian food, plus fun fair snacks!
On the main stage will be entertainment from Lucy Sugerman, Jessica-Maree, Stewart Barton, Azlan, the CHF Choir, Bollywood Dancers and a therapeutic harp demonstration from Alison Ware!
Street performers include roaming performers, magician, a world record holding cartoonist, face painting, Chinese Dragon dancers, and a Samba Band!
There will be a raffle and other fun ways to support our healthcare heroes on the day.
Stay tuned for further announcements!
Tickets to this fantastic family-friendly fun fair are just $5!
HOW CAN YOU TELL THE WORLD?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You've got questions, we've got answers...
I'm having trouble purchasing tickets, how can I get help?
Please call (02) 5124 3542 Monday to Friday, 09:30am to 4:30pm or email email@example.com Or you could submit your query using the Contact Form (it's just below these FAQ).
Thank you for sticking with it! We will get you the help you need to buy your tickets!
I need am having trouble with my Account, can you help?
If you have previously created an Account, you can sign in to it on the member Login area.
Please contact us if you need help.
Can I use my Account that I previously set up?
Yes, if you created an Account for a previous event with us, you can use the same login details.
When you go to the Create Account, look for the tab 'Already have an Account with us?' and use your email address and password that you used to create the Account.
What if I can't remember my password from last year?
You can reset your password. When you go to the Sign Up page and click on the tab 'Already have an Account with us?' you will see a link for 'Forgotten your password?' (it's under the Login button).
Follow the prompts to reset your password.
Where can I find parking and location information?
On-site parking: People attending the CAN GIVE DAY event are encouraged to park within the former CIT staff car park located on Ainsworth St Phillip, or within the Yamba Drive car parks. People attending the event are discouraged from using the multistorey car park to minimise congestion.
Downloadable map here
What happens if the Street Party needs to be cancelled?
In the unfortunate event of inclement weather, ticket holders will need to check on the CGD STREET PARTY for updates as to whether the event will proceed. Event organisers will endeavour to announce any changes due to weather on the live radio broadcast FM Radio 104.7 up until 3pm.
In the unfortunate event that the CGD STREET PARTY is cancelled due to inclement weather, which includes lightning strikes with no rain, ticket sales will not be reimbursed. The ticket cost will be classed as a donation in support of Can Give Day. Thank you for your understanding.
What are the full Terms and Conditions?
Canberra Hospital Foundation Hospital Road Street Party Terms and Conditions
- Due to visitor number restrictions the CGD STREET PARTY is a ticketed event
- Once maximum capacity ticket sales have occurred ticket sales will close
- Visitors attending the CGD STREET PARTY are required to present their ticket at the entry point
- Visitors 5 years and under do not need to purchase a ticket
- Tickets are $5 per person and are available to purchase online
- Ticket holders will be sent an email with ticket information that should be presented on entry
- CGD STREET PARTY is being held between the hours of 4pm and 7.30pm. Last entry is at 7pm
- Event organisers will endeavour to provide food and beverages to accommodate most dietary requirements
- CGD STREET PARTY is a smoke and alcohol free event. Any visitor not adhering to this will be required to leave the event
- In the unfortunate event of inclement weather, ticket holders will need to check on the CGD STREET PARTY for updates as to whether the event will proceed. Event organisers will endeavour to announce any changes due to weather on the live radio broadcast FM Radio 104.7 up until 3pm.
- In the unfortunate event that the CGD STREET PARTY is cancelled due to inclement weather, which includes lightning strikes with no rain, ticket sales will not be reimbursed. The ticket cost will be classed as a donation in support of Can Give Day. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please note as a participant of an event it is implied that your photo may be taken in a large group shot with your permission. If you do not wish your photograph to be taken please alert the photographer at the event
- Please note that CGD STREET PARTY is being held on a hospital campus and as such no fireworks, flares are permitted
ACCESSING THE EVENT
- On-site parking is available in the Canberra Hospital multi storey car park until full. Parking marshals will redirect you to park across the road on Yamba Drive or in the CIT car park off Aikman Drive. Please see map attached on CGD STREET PARTY webpage.
- Please see map for CGD STREET PARTY entry point to present your entry ticket
- No vehicles will be permitted to enter Hospital Road from 2pm onwards on 21 October 2022
- All car parks and entry points are wheelchair accessible
- On site toilet facilities include disability portaloos. Visitors to the CGD STREET PARTY will not be allowed to enter Canberra Hospital
- CGD STREET PARTY is being held between the hours of 4pm and 7.30pm. Please note last entry is at 7pm
PHOTO/ VIDEO/ TESTIMONIAL PERMISSIONS
- If you share your photos/ videos/ testimonials with us, we reserve the right to use them digitally (such as social media pages, website, newsletters) and in print (such as posters, flyers, board reports).
- If we take photos/ videos in a public setting that includes you, we reserve the right to use them digitally (such as social media pages, website, newsletters) and in print (such as posters, flyers, board reports).
Are you looking for volunteers to help on the day?
Please contact us if you cannot find what you are looking for, or need other assistance. Call (02) 5124 3542 Monday to Friday, 09:30am to 4:30pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org Or you could submit your query using the Contact Form (it's just below these FAQ).
Is Canberra Hospital Foundation a Registered Charity with DGR status?
Yes! Canberra Hospital Foundation is an ACNC registered charity. Canberra Hospital Foundation is recognised as a Health Promotion Charity and endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Tax Office. All donations of $2 or more are tax-deductible.
Have a question not covered in the FAQ section above? Want to get in contact with our Team for another reason?
Call (02) 5124 3542 Monday to Friday, 09:30am to 4:30pm or email email@example.com or submit the Contact Form.
One of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible within business hours.
SUPPORT OUR FUNDRAISERS
WANT TO DONATE TO A FUNDRAISING FRIEND OR TEAM?
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
We have something for everyone at this years CAN GIVE DAY...
We need you! You can sign up for an Account and create a Fundraising Page. If you would like to join or create a Team, or host an event or activity to fundraise, you can sign up to do that too.
CHS STAFF FUNDRAISERS
We have a special sign up area for staff of Canberra Health Services. Create an account (or sign into your Account from last year) and create a Fundraising Page. You will require the access code.
BIG WIG CHALLENGER
This year we are going big! We have a line up of local Big Wigs who are ready to take on the Big Wig Challenge during CAN GIVE DAY 2022. Sign up to fundraise as part of your Big Wig's team!
"Getting involved in CAN GIVE DAY means you can give patients and their families comfort, understanding and hope through their time in hospital or during treatment, and acknowledges the hard work and dedication of Canberra’s healthcare teams."
Sign up to fundraise as an Individual & create or join a Team
YOUR IMPACT FROM CAN GIVE DAY
Your efforts in fundraising, sharing and supporting CAN GIVE DAY really do make a difference! Here is just a sample...
Mental Health Ward Group Courtyard, which provides
- a therapeutic space and activity for consumers with acute mental health issues who are currently hospitalised
- a space that promotes a healthy lifestyle to improve outcomes for the marginalised and vulnerable sector in our community
- A safe, secure outside space for use when in emotional crisis
Bio-Rad ChemiDoc MP Western Blot Imaging System, which provides
- a ‘personalised’ diagnosis to people diagnosed with immune diseases
- support for medical research conducted by the Canberra based Translational Immunology Labroratory
- help for Canberrans, living with immune-related diseases without the need to travel interstate
Therapeutic tools and toys for paediatric outpatient clinics, which helps to
- build a safe therapeutic relationship and to enable children to communicate with the therapy team.
- facilitate the engagement of children in play-based assessment and intervention by medical teams
Artwork in the Foetal Medicine Unit, which helps to
- reduced stress and anxiety, distraction from pain and increased pain tolerance
- mood adjustments, positive mental health outcomes and increased social engagement
- improved staff to patient relations
Please help us get the word out!
DONATE TO CAN GIVE DAY
Becoming a Fundraiser for CAN GIVE DAY is just one way you can get involved. Other ways to support us include coming along to our street party or helping to spread the message about our big giving day.
Donating to CAN GIVE DAY is an amazing way to make a difference!
STAY UP TO DATE WITH CAN GIVE DAY
Follow us on social media for the latest news!