CAN GIVE DAY LIVE is Canberra's first virtual singing competition supporting Canberra Hospital Foundation. Open for performers with Canberra roots, singers will audition and raise money to support patient care.
Watch and vote for the finalists live on Friday 29 October from 5 pm.
At CAN GIVE DAY Live, the finalist with the judges' vote and popular vote via donations on the night will become the winner.
The winner will receive $2000, a paid spot on the line up at the upcoming Canberra Hospital Foundation summer concert and mentoring from the legendary singer songwriter Leo Sayer.
And the grateful appreciation of our hardworking Healthcare Heroes and the more than 500,000 people who are hospitalised or receive treatment in Canberra each year.
MEET THE JUDGES
Leo Sayer at CAN GIVE DAY Live, proudly supported by East Hotel
Radio Announcer | Music Director | Music Lover
Hit 104.7 / The Edge 96.1 - Australia
Sharing my passion for music and introducing you to some new artists I think you’ll fall in love with. Interviews with your faves.
Check out my radio shows.
Canberra Hospital Foundation is proud to have the support of CanberraFM
Your CAN GIVE DAY LIVE HOST
Singer-songwriter Sophie Edwards has been a staple in the Canberra music space for multiple years now, and most recently has been pursuing a steady stream of new music that she is ready to share.
Influenced by a myriad of genres and styles, from folk to jazz and pop, Sophie pairs acoustic-driven instruments with hard-hitting lyrics to create a repertoire of expressive, moody pop songs. Having her music compared to the likes of Vera Blue and Meg Mac, Sophie brings her songs to a live audience in an authentic and genuine fashion that continues to leave listeners stunned and hungry for more.
In September, Sophie is releasing her new single “Next” before releasing her EP “FEEL AGAIN SOON”.
- Contestant must have roots in Canberra
- Contestant sets up a profile with a photo, bio and minimum of one recorded performance (this will be a link to a YouTube or Facebook video with privacy set to public)
- Entries for children under 16 must be registered by a parent or legal guardian
- The Audition page you create can display a stage name, or the name of the performer if they are under 16 and registered by a parent
- Songs will be for a wide general audience; no musical genre is excluded but must not have explicit lyrics and content
- Cover songs are accepted; however, the accompaniment must be performed or recorded by the contestant (or created for the contestant) - no pro backing tracks
- Canberra Hospital Foundation will have permission to share videos, photos, posts and messages created by the for CAN GIVE DAY Live by the contestant for the purpose of promoting the event and future CAN GIVE DAY events
- Contestant agrees to raise donations for Canberra Hospital Foundation during auditions and the finale
- Contestants must be available for promotion and interviews
- Rules and terms of entry are included at registration and will be attached to your welcome email
- Contestants will apply online and submit a bio, promotion photo and YouTube or Facebook link to a made at home performance. The privacy setting for the video link will be set to public.
- Contestants share their Audition page, ask fans, friends and families for donation votes and shares.
- Auditions conclude 12 midnight 25 October 2021.
- Finalists are selected by Canberra Hospital Foundation and its agents based on quality of performance, originality, audience reach of performance and donations received.
- Finalists will be announced on 26 October 2021.
- Contestants may perform live from their home or if COVID permits at a studio provided by Canberra Hospital Foundation
- The performance will livestream to the cangiveday.org.au webpage
- Each judge and contestant may have their own "feed" and be coordinated by a host technician
- The winner is chosen by 50% judges’ vote and 50% total donations raised.
The CAN GIVE DAY Live brought to you with the support of Rhapsody Events Management and Event AV Services
THANK THE FRONT LINE
Right now, our healthcare workers are on the frontlines of battling the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) that spread rapidly throughout Canberra and the nation. They are putting themselves in the path of this virus. Our doctors, nurses, technicians, transporters, EMTs, pharmacists and everyone who supports patient care are rising to the occasion and caring for our most vulnerable patients.
CAN GIVE DAY provides the perfect opportunity to recognise and thank our healthcare heroes by fundraising for Canberra Hospital Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Canberra Health Services. To date, Canberra Hospital Foundation has delivered more than 2000 gratitude packs to healthcare heroes on the COVID-19 frontline. You can help us reach all 7000.
HELP VULNERABLE PATIENTS
Coronavirus creates extra hardship and heartache for patients who are ill or injured. They need your kindness.
CAN GIVE DAY helps all patients —babies, children, teenagers, people with cancer, while being treated at home, the injured in recovery, and those nearing the end of life. There are extra demands on a patient's wellbeing and comfort during a pandemic with visitor restrictions. Canberra Hospital Foundation funds items that relieve boredom, toys for children and equipment that aids the delivery of treatment.
And almost every person, at some point in their life, needs public health care. Canberra Hospital Foundation supports the more than 500,000 people who are hospitalised or receive treatment in Canberra each year, beyond the coronavirus outbreak; patients of all ages, all illnesses, each area of care they need. With your support, Canberra Hospital Foundation can help every patient in some way.
What difference can I make?
Helping Canberra Hospital Foundation on CAN GIVE DAY will;
What impact did CAN GIVE DAY have in 2020?
Last year’s CAN GIVE DAY raised $315,000 and funded 14 new items and services for patients including: