Show your heart, make a heart!
Wrap Our Hearts Around You is a project which aims to unite Canberrans through the common activity of creating hearts. The hearts will be collected by the Canberra Hospital Foundation for a special celebration that will be symbolic representation of the appreciation and love in the community for our healthcare workers and patients.
How to Get Involved in the Project
A few guidelines
- Hearts should be around the size of your palm
- Hearts can be made from knitting, crocheting, sewing, papercrafting, painting or drawing, or any other medium you prefer
- Please use the colours of the Canberra Hospital Foundation heart - dark blue, light blue, pink, orange, dark green, light green and red
- To finish off your hearts, please sew little hoops on the sides or tops so we're able to assemble them in a special configuration
- You can create on your own, or share the project in your crafting group
- Please make sure you tell us how many hearts you plan on making so we can plan how the final installation will come together
Get inspiration and instructions
Click the links for instructions for crocheted hearts, knitted hearts and stuffed knitted hearts.