This Friday is CAN GIVE DAY!
Canberra Hospital Foundation is gearing up for its annual signature event, CAN GIVE DAY. This Friday 21 October.
Building on the success of the past two years, this CGD is shaping up to be the biggest ever. There are 26 Canberra Health Services teams holding events on the day. From bake sales and dress ups to abseiling and cooking challenges CAN GIVE DAY will be bringing fun and much joy to the Canberra Hospital and University of Canberra Hospital campuses and Walk-in Centres.
Media OpportunitiesBIG WIG Challenge 12:30pm - 2:30pm
Eleven brave business and community leaders are all prepped and ready to scale down building 8 on Hospital Road.
- Deborah Rolfe AM - Canberra Hospital Foundation Chair
- Dave Peffer - Canberra Health Services CEO
- Susan Freiberg - Canberra Health Services Executive Director, Centenary Hospital for Women Youth and Children
- Richard Rolfe - Rolfe Motors
- Archie Tsirimokos - Meyer Vandenberg Lawyers
- Amanda Whitley - Her Canberra
- Christine Shaw - Blackshaw Realestate Jane Gunn - KPMG
- Ron Shepherd - Advantage Advertising
- Tane Patchett - Multiplex
- Chris Cairns - CAN GIVE DAY Patient Advocate
MasterCook Challenge 2:30pm - 5:00pm
Four top cooks compete in the MasterCook Challenge, with three challenges to test their skill and grit!
- Vanessa Brady - Canberra Health Services Executive Group Manager, Campus Modernisation
- Genevieve Jacobs - Group Editor, Region Media
- Lamshed's Sous Chef Tashi
- Cathie O'Neill - Chief Operating Officer, Canberra Health Services
Find out more about MasterCook including an introduction to the judges.
BreastScreen ACT Bra Decorating and Bra Walk 10:30am - 11:30am
In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, BreastScreen ACT are decorating bras and wearing them on the outside of their clothing to raise awareness of breast cancer and raise funds on CAN GIVE DAY.
Julianne Solway - Registered Nurse at BreastScreen ACT said:- “We hope to build this event year upon year. Hopefully one day we will see workplaces filled with people wearing bras on the outside on CAN GIVE DAY to bring awareness to breast cancer and the importance of breast screening”
CAN GIVE DAY Hospital Road Street Party - POSTPONED.
Sadly, due to the weather forecast the Street Party has had to be postponed to a later date.